Ero Park: Chocolate Kiss Cafe Experience

Monday, July 18, 2011

Chocolate Kiss Cafe Experience





My nephew saw a previous post in my blog about my Dayap Chiffon Cake craving and he insisted that we go to Chocolate Kiss Cafe on a Friday rather than during the weekend. His Friday class schedule in UP (University of the Philippines) Diliman ends at 2:30PM. I learned that this cafe is known around the campus as 'Chokiss'. This is also his first time to eat at this cafe because their menu prices are out of his student's budget.

So off I went to UP Diliman last Friday (July 1) and met him at ChoKiss.




We first ordered the Dayap Chiffon Cake and the Devil's Food Cake and they were delivered to us in just a few minutes. It greatly helped that we were seated near their cake counter.

The Devil's Food Cake is the one with the deep rich chocolate fudge filling and marshmallow frosting. Sadly, I only tasted a small portion of it because my nephew insisted that he brings it to his pep rally as snack. We savored the Dayap Chiffon Cake instead, I tasted though more the sweetness of the marshmallow frosting rather than the tartness of the dayap. 



While we were feasting on the Dayap Chiffon cake, I asked the waiter what is their best selling pasta and he replied back that it is 'Gamberi' (Php248). It is their spaghetti dish with sauteed shrimps, garlic, and olive oil. I saw in their menu that it has the lemon sauce and green chili so I ordered it. I so love spicy food!


My nephew ordered the Kiss Club (Php170) in the above image. It is a 3-in-1 sandwich with chicken asparagus, tuna, and German Frankfurter. 


We had to wait for around 30 mins for these 2 orders to arrive at our table. The Gamberi was not that spicy as advertised by their menu, I did not see any green chili. I wondered why it could be a bestseller....


Their meals are just ok, it is a bit expensive for me except for the cakes which are priced well and delicious.


The lasting impression of this cafe is the service of their staff. We went there in the middle of the afternoon (not too many patrons) and the place is not that big at the ground floor of the restaurant but we always need to call the attention of the waiters to refill our glass and follow-up with our orders. Did I already mention that we were seated near their cake counter?


I also asked for hot sauce and it was only delivered at our table to be put in one forkful of spaghetti. As the saying goes, 'better too late than never'


Given the price of the food and the coziness of the place, we were expecting that the staff would be more proactive in catering to the needs of their customers.

We asked for a takeout of the Devil's Food Cake. Lo and behold, there was no utensil packed with it *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment